New forms, created clicking "Create Form" on Active Forms, are based on Form Templates. The Form Template lays out the questions and form settings, the "create form" page lets the user define subjects and privacy rules for that specific form.
Form Templates provide starting points for new forms where you can re-use a form layout. (Note, you can create an identical copy of a form by copying and renaming another form).
This article explains how to get templates into that "Select Template" dropdown when creating a Form. To learn about the various template types available (child, teacher and centre) click here.
Using Standard Templates
Educa has provided a number of starting templates in Standard Templates on the Template page. To use one of these templates simply click "copy to active" to move to Active Templates.
You can then rename it, edit it to suit your needs and publish it. Once published that template will appear in the template dropdown when you click "Create Form."
Creating a Form Template From Scratch
On Form Templates page, click "create template":
- Select the Form Type (described below)
- Enter Title - this name will display on the Create Form page select template dropdown.
- Summary - an optional field, use to describe intended use and perhaps anything unusual about the template you are creating.
- Set resource upload and privacy permissions.
- Start building your form. Educa uses tabs ("sections") to make it easier to create sets of questions. Select "New Section" to create a tab and then you can start adding questions.
You can add as many sections as you want, and in each section as many questions as you want.
Add questions and choose a format, then click "save."
Note, you have an option to copy questions and then re-order using the arrows.
Click Publish to save the Template and make it visible as an option on the Create Form page.